Friday, July 5, 2013

Workshop Paintings

Back in November I took a weekend acrylic painting workshop with Charlie Spratt , a member of Manotick Art Association and a very good painter. His goal was to teach us the process of doing a painting from start (thumbnails) to finish. The workshop was on a Saturday and a Sunday and each day we 'completed' a painting ... well almost.

Another goal was to keep the painting loose with minimal detail ... this is what really attracted me to the workshop since I tend to be very detail-oriented in my painting. Everyone did the same scenes but it was amazing how different the paintings were!

I really felt that I learned a lot in the workshop especially since up until that point I had been learning how to use acrylic paints by trial and error.

No comments: