Wednesday, April 4, 2018

A Happy Place

This painting was inspired by watching a Bob Ross Tutorial on YouTube. Bob Ross is and amazing oil paint artist who makes everything look so easy. It is actually quite amusing to watch some of his tutorials.


For this particular painting ... yes, I am using the singular since these photos are actually of the same painting ... phase one and phase two . For the first image I painted a tonal painting using paper towel, a sponge brush and a script liner. When this was completely dry I glazed over the entire painting with my coloured acrylic paints to come up with the second image.

It was a very fun experimental painting since I wasn't too worried about the outcome! I am very pleased with the results but can see areas that could
be improved. I am very keen to try other paintings using the same  technique but adding some of my own flavours to them.

... stay tuned ...

No comments: